Extending your SQL Server environment using the cloud
Confio sponsored on-demand webinar
When many technology professionals think of “The Cloud”, all they think about is moving the data center. The reality is the cloud should be considered an extension of your current environment in order to best serve the organization, rather than a replacement. There are many opportunities to improve your SQL Server operations and best support the business. However, the cloud offerings can be confusing and considered risky in some respects with the introduction of unexpected variables in your SQL Server environment. Many people consider the cloud is here to stay and recognize opportunities to improve daily SQL Server operations, however there are still many skeptics.
In this session we are going to:
- Review cloud
options to benefit SQL Server
- Private vs. Public Cloud
- Microsoft, Amazon and Hosting options
- Implications for Dev, Test, Prod, DR, etc. SQL Server environments
- Uncover cloud fallacies vs. grounded concerns
- Dig into addressing some core SQL Server DBA tasks with the cloud
- Outline considerations when integrating cloud solutions into your environment
- Demo some cloud options for you to decide the value in your organization
We’re also going to show you some Red Gate tools that can make you even more efficient in getting your work done.
Speaker - Jeremy Kadlec and Grant Fritchey
Jeremy Kadlec is the CTO @ Edgewood Solutions, co-founder of MSSQLTips.com and a SQL Server MVP.
Grant Fritchey is the Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software, a SQL Server MVP and a very scary DBA.
To access materials please fill out the form below.