SQL Server statistics and how they impact performance
IDERA sponsored on-demand webinar
Statistics are a key part of getting solid performance for your SQL Server queries. In this webcast, Ray Barley will cover what SQL Server statistics are, why they are important, how to find information about statistics and how to get optimum performance by having current statistics. This session is geared towards all SQL Server professionals just learning about this topic or for those with many years’ experience hoping to pick up something new.
In this webcast we will cover:
- What statistics are and how SQL Server uses them
- How to find outdated statistics
- How outdated statistics can generate the wrong query plan
- Why SQL Server automatically creates statistics
- Creating statistics for not indexed columns
- When and how statistics are updated
Watch this informative session to learn more about how statistics can improve SQL Server performance.
Speaker - Ray Barley
Ray Barley is a Principal Architect at RDA Corporation focused on SQL Server and Business Intelligence. He is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) in Business Intelligence, a MSSQLTips.com BI Expert and Ambassador. He is also a co-author of the book: SharePoint 2010 Business Intelligence Unleashed.
To access materials please fill out the form below.