How to minimize downtime during upgrades.
Upgrading to a newer version of SQL Server always requires a lot of effort. But when mission-critical applications depend on your SQL Server database, every minute of downtime matters. In this webcast, learn how to minimize downtime when upgrading to SQL Server 2014. We will look at the different strategies involved and the pros and cons between them.
We will learn:
- What needs to be considered during the planning phase
- The value of the MAP Toolkit in preparation for the upgrade
- How the SQL Server Upgrade Advisor and Upgrade Assistant can save you time
- Various strategies that can be used for upgrading
- How to minimize downtime during the upgrade
- How to use Database Mirroring for upgrading to SQL Server 2014
- and more.
Donít miss this demo centric web cast and also learn about new opportunities to upgrade to SQL Server 2014 in a flash with DH2i.
Edwin M Sarmiento is a Microsoft SQL Server MVP and Microsoft Certified Master from Ottawa, Canada specializing in high availability, disaster recovery and system infrastructures running on the Microsoft server technology stack ranging from Active Directory to SharePoint and anything in between. He is very passionate about technology, but has interests in music, professional and organizational development, leadership and management matters when not working with databases.
Carl Berglund is a senior technical business development leader with over 20 years of experience helping organizations implement complex enterprise infrastructures. He helps organizations reduce spend on overall SQL Server lifecycle costs while reducing risk and maximizing infrastructure ROI.
To access materials please fill out the form below.