5 ways monitoring SQL Server Agent jobs can make your job easier
IDERA sponsored on-demand webinar
SQL Server Agent can be very helpful for automating recurring processes but it is not a set it and forget it technology. Scheduling jobs to run within maintenance windows, managing competing jobs for resource conflicts, and keeping on top of job status across all your SQL Servers requires a holistic strategy. Losing sight of what is going on can cost you many hours and headaches to manage but the good news is there is help.
In this webcast, we will take a look at:
- Automating job scripts to run consistently across on all your SQL Servers
- Staying notified of job status and failures to keep jobs from piling up
- Configuring sequences, or chains, of jobs to automate longer workflows
- Daily job tracking that is quick and painless
- How to handle job and resource conflicts and prevent them from causing problems
- Using system tables to gather information about jobs
- and more useful tips
Join us for this webcast to learn how make SQL Server Agent jobs work for you.
Speaker - Tim Smith
Tim Smith began working with technology in high school, helping his 1A Texas high school place and win in the TCEA competition. He continued his journey with a heavy interest in data, especially predicting future outcomes with the stock market, global resource use, and individual success markers. He works as a SQL Server database administrator and developer at Amherst Securities and as a Senior MongoDB database administrator and developer at RS Consulting Partners He also teaches Mastering ETL Development Through Automation on Udemy.
To access materials please fill out the form below.