Ten tips for proactive SQL Server performance monitoring - Part 2
IDERA sponsored on-demand webinar
Tired of phone calls from end users complaining about slow SQL Server performance? Tune into this two-part webcast to learn practical tips for proactively monitoring and managing SQL Server performance. In this series, we will demonstrate how to:
1. Find blocking and locking issues
2. Pin-point long running queries
3. Identify query performance trends that could spell trouble
4. Find and fix index fragmentation
5. Monitor key resource consumption metrics, like CPU and I/O
6. Monitor windows server performance counters and custom counters
7. Review job histories and backup completion
8. Monitor database size and trends
9. Review key database and server configuration settings
10. Execute real-time traces on SPID/Processes and kill processes
You’ll also see a demo of how you can complete each of these tasks in no time using Idera’s award-winning SQL diagnostic manager
This webinar is a must for every SQL Server DBA - providing an excellent performance monitoring primer for novices and a handy review of best practices for more experienced DBAs.
Part 1: Tips 1-5
Part 2: Tips 6-10
Speaker - Greg Robidoux
Greg Robidoux is the President and founder of Edgewood Solutions, a technology services company delivering services and solutions for Microsoft SQL Server. He has been working with SQL Server for the past 11 years and has authored numerous articles and delivered several presentations online and at local and national SQL Server events.
To access materials please fill out the form below.