Encrypting Data with SQL Server
IDERA sponsored on-demand webinar
In this webinar we'll look at how to encrypt data with SQL Server. We'll consider the encryption options we have available through various versions of the SQL Server product line. You'll learn the pros and cons of each option as we look at data within the database, encrypting the whole database, encrypting backups, and encrypting the connection to SQL Server itself.
Data in the Database
- The case for partial encryption (some data unencrypted)
- The datatypes we use for encrypted data
- The options available and who can see decrypted data
- How we use SQL Server's built-in functionality
- Addressing Performance Issues
Encrypting the Whole Database (Transparent Data Encryption)
- How it works
- What you need to make it work
- How do you handle recovery / disaster recovery
- Don't wait until after it's written to disk
- TDE to the rescue
- Encrypted backups in SQL Server 2014
- Don't reject 3rd party products
Encrypting Connections to SQL Server
- The options
- What about POODLE?
- What about IPSEC?
Speaker - K. Brian Kelley
K. Brian Kelley is a SQL Server author, columnist and Microsoft MVP focusing primarily on SQL Server and Windows security. In addition to being a DBA, Brian is also a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
To access materials please fill out the form below.