SQL Server Backup and Restore - things you need to know
IDERA sponsored on-demand webinar
SQL Server offers many options for backing up your data and your databases. Itís important to make sure you have the right backup strategy in place, but the real key is knowing how to recover your data and databases when the time arises.
In this educational webcast, we will look at several techniques that you need to be familiar when there is a need to recover your data. This may be for disaster recovery or maybe just to build or refresh a development or test environment. Some of the topics that we will cover include:
- Database recovery models
- Database backup options
- Data import / export
- Generating scripts
- Dealing with orphaned logins
- Restoring TDE databases
- Restoring transaction logs
- Using differentials when restoring
- Restoring on the same server
- Restoring on a different server
- Recovering an object or data from a backup
- Using backups to create a test or dev environment
- and more.
Speaker - Ray Barley
Ray Barley is a Principal Architect at RDA Corporation and has been writing articles for MSSQLTips.com since 2008.
To access materials please fill out the form below.