Cost-Saving High Availability for Critical SQL Server Applications in Azure
Can your organization withstand any system downtime, network or application failures? What if seconds of application downtime meant the difference between life or death or retaining or losing customers? When you factor in the complexity and uncertainty of running your applications in the cloud you need to consider your availability strategy. There are benefits of running SQL Server application workloads in Azure including cost savings, performance and availability.
Join this webinar to hear how the creators of a life-saving data exchange hub for emergency responders found an easy, cost-saving way to deliver high availability protection in Azure.
Dave Bermingham, SIOS Technical Evangelist welcomes Chris Wiseman, president, Emerging Digital Concepts (EDC) to discuss lessons learned that apply to any critical SQL application, as well as:
- The challenges faced in search of a SQL Server high availability solution that would work in both their on-premises and Azure environments
- Cost-saving solutions they implemented to protect the projects’ mission-critical CAD2CAD system on SQL Server in Azure
- The ways their HA solution reduces downtime for planned maintenance
- How EDC collaborated with the National Capital Region (NCR) – a cooperative organization of cities and counties in the Metro Washington, DC area to create the groundbreaking Data Exchange Hub (DEH) – a data exchange and functional interoperability platform for computer-aided dispatch (CAD) systems used by fire, EMS, police and other emergency services agencies.
- How the system performed under pressure when 3 large fires break out on the same day
Tuesday, October 27, 2020
1:00:00 PM EDT (New York) | 5:00:00 PM UTC
David Bermingham, Microsoft Cloud and Datacenter Management MVP, and SIOS Technology Corp Technical Evangelist is recognized within the technology community as a high availability expert. David is focused on evangelizing Microsoft high availability and disaster recovery solutions as well as providing hands-on support, training and professional services for cluster implementations. David holds numerous technical certifications and draws from more than twenty years of experience IT, including work in the finance, healthcare and education fields, to help organizations design solutions to meet their high availability and disaster recovery needs.
Chris Wiseman, Founding Member / President of Emerging Digital Concepts, was classically trained as a Systems Engineer out of school, where he learned the ins and outs of the engineering lifecycle on large-scale, distributed systems. He forged a rich technical knowledge in areas of large- and small-scale integrated systems, computer telephony integration, voice response systems, and the emergence of the integrated Internet — long before the Internet was a daily and constant part of our lives. The skills obtained in projects involving heavy MQ messaging and SOA distributed architectures led him to become a subject matter expert in the areas of health exchange reporting compliance and public safety distributed data exchange and interoperable systems. Chris is a graduate of Virginia Tech. He obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and a minor in Mathematics.
Register for this webinar:
Copyright (c) 2006-2020 Edgewood Solutions, LLC All rights reserved
Some names and products listed are the registered trademarks of their respective owners.