Faster Transactions: SQL Server Query Tuning Techniques
As organizations collect more data, data manipulation (INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE transactions) with T-SQL queries takes more time and resources. Whether you have scheduled ETL or archiving jobs, or just need to perform an ad hoc INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE on large tables, there are different T-SQL techniques and commands you can use to improve performance and avoid common pitfalls associated with data manipulation.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to dramatically improve performance for queries using INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE
- What the main areas of concern are when performing data manipulation with T-SQL
- Why performance improves when using the demonstrated techniques and commands
- When to use each of the techniques and when they arenít appropriate
- How to measure performance improvement for your queries
Check out this demo-filled session to learn how you can make your T-SQL transactions go faster.
Thursday, April 13, 2023
1:00:00 PM EDT (New York) | 5:00:00 PM UTC
Jeff Iannucci is a Senior Consultant with Straight Path Solutions. With over 20 years of experience with SQL Server development and administration, he enjoys sharing what he's learned by speaking, blogging, and creating video content. He is a speaker at PASS Data Community Summit 2022, a content author for Pluralsight, and author of the upcoming book "Learn SQL in a Month of Lunches".
Register for this webinar:
Copyright (c) 2006-2023 Edgewood Solutions, LLC All rights reserved
Some names and products listed are the registered trademarks of their respective owners.