Quest Foglight for Databases
Quest's Foglight for Databases allows you to quickly and proactively monitor your entire database environment. Whether you are working with SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB or many other database platforms, Foglight lets you see the status of all database platforms in one single comprehensive interface.
Foglight constantly collects data, so the data is available when needed to troubleshoot any database performance issue and to also quickly assess the health of your databases. This allows you to identify and fix issues that are occurring right now or dig into issues that occurred in the past. By having the necessary data at your fingertips, you can ensure you have the tools needed to make sure your databases are running at peak performance. Don't rely on multiple tools and home grown processes that require you to draw a correlation between events, let Foglight for Databases do the heavy lifting, aggregation and reporting so you can focus on fixing the identified issues instead of spending your time just trying to find the issue.
Some of the key benefits of Foglight for Databases are:
- Global view - See the most critical issues across platforms and take immediate action.
- Built-in intelligence - Understand enterprise health and activity at a glance. Get pop-up advice with correlated workflows.
- Adaptive baselines - Receive alerts when activity deviates from normal metrics.
- Rich historical data - Resolve issues through diagnostics and alarm data from any drill-down screen.
- Drag-and-drop reporting - Use data you have collected to develop customized views and reports.
- SQL workload analytics - Investigate workload by drilling into data on users, programs, SQL and sessions.
- Historical lock analysis - Resolve concurrency issues with historical reviews of blocking-lock scenarios.
- Automated change tracking - See changes to server, instance, database and schema environments and SQL degradations.
Foglight for Databases supports these database platforms:
- SQL Server
- SAP ASE
Check out the Related Resources to continue to learn about how Foglight for Databases can help your organization. If you are interested, use the bottom link in the Related Resources to get started with a free evaluation version.
Last Updated: 2020-03-12
About the author
View all my tips