Identify and Protect Confidential SQL Server Data
HexaTier sponsored on-demand webinar
Unprotected confidential data in your SQL Server databases is a significant risk and something every SQL Server Professional should be aware of in their environment.
Confidential data in the wrong hands can harm your customers, organization and career. Knowing all of your data needs is challenging for current databases and future development, but as a SQL Server DBA and Developer it is imperative to protect sensitive data. You should know the impact of confidential data in your application before a problem arises. Join us for this session to learn how to identify confidential data lurking in your SQL Server databases.
In this session you will learn how to:
- Code regular expressions in T-SQL and PowerShell to identify confidential data
- Discover confidential data and code in your SQL Server database with the system objects
- Interrogate your data with regular expressions such as social security numbers
- Examine data in free form text fields with regular expressions and pattern matching
- Inspect text files for confidential data used for data import and exports
Speaker - Tim Smith and David Maman
Tim Smith works as a SQL Server DBA\Developer at Amherst Securities and as a Senior MongoDB DBA\Developer at RS Consulting Partners. He also teaches mastering ETL development through automation on Udemy. Tim is recognized as an MSSQLTips.com PowerShell Expert.
David Maman is a recognized international expert in computer security advising companies on threat management, real-time network protection, advanced network design, and security architecture. In addition to his bachelorís and masterís degrees in computer science, David confesses to being heavily self-taughtóa quality that has served him well in this highly dynamic industry.
To access materials please fill out the form below.