The Advantages of SQL Server Snapshots
Pure Storage sponsored on-demand webinar
Database snapshots are a great feature of SQL Server that are often underutilized. This feature of SQL Server allows for the instant creation of a point-in-time copy of a database that can then be used for several purposes such as reporting, auditing, refreshing Dev and Test environments, etc. At the point of creation, the snapshot is a read-only static view of the database, but a database snapshot also allows for data modifications that won’t affect the database from which the snapshot was created.
In addition, SQL Server has the ability to execute snapshots at a granularity level not possible with the Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS), so snapshots are definitely a feature you should be using in your environment.
Come join us for this webinar to learn:
- Why and how to use snapshots
- How to simplify complex workflows with snapshots
- How to easily replicate a snapshot to Dev/Test environments
- How to create and manage snapshots with T-SQL
- How to utilize PowerShell SDKs to extend functionality
- And more…
Speaker - Robert Quimby
To access materials please fill out the form below.