Clumio - SQL Backups Built for DBAs, Loved by IT
Microsoft SQL Server on Amazon EC2 is essential for successful cloud migrations, .NET applications in AWS, and running Windows workloads in tandem with AWS services.
However, using legacy solutions like differential backups or volume snapshots to back it up can result in reduced database performance, failed backup jobs, and slow recoveries.
Clumio's cloud-native SQL Server backups for AWS is the antidote to these challenges.
The Clumio Difference
Continuous, consistent, and point-in-time recoverable backups for your SQL databases in AWS.
- Engage continuous backups with confidence: Clumio helps you move on from low-RPO volume snapshots, DIY scripting, and complex tools to agentless, database-level, continuous backups.
- Build operational resilience without added complexity: Switch from full instance restores and manual log rewinds to simple, hands-off point in time recovery powered by automated transaction log backups.
- Be audit-ready, always: Clumio provides comprehensive compliance posture across databases running in your AWS environment—not just for SQL on EC2, but also RDS, DynamoDB, and others.
- Recover to the exact transaction you're looking for: Transaction log backups and a built-in data catalog help you restore your databases to exact points in time, while saving you storage space and application performance over traditional volume or differential snapshots.
- Backup and Recovery of Microsoft SQL Server on Clumio
- The Essential Guide to backing up SQL Server DBs running in AWS
- Finally, a SQL Server Backup that DBAs Won't Hate
- Rehosting Windows Workloads in AWS – SQL Server Considerations
- Life After Rehosting Windows Applications in AWS
About the author
View all my tips
Article Last Updated: 2023-10-30