Shawn Melton started his IT career in 2002 after graduating college. He started working with SQL Server in 2005 and has worked with SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, and 2008 R2. He has been working as a full time DBA since 2009 in Montgomery, AL.
SQL Server Interests
Shawn enjoys just working with SQL Server and sharing what he has learned with the community through blogging and contributing on forums. He has become interested in PowerShell as well and how it can be used both with SQL Server and other administrative tasks.
He makes contributions on MSSQLTips.com, but does have one article published on SQL Server Central as well (and hopes to increase that over time).
Shawn can be reached at wshawnmelton (AT) gmail DOT com.
- Desired State Configuration and the SQL Server DBA (last update: 9/7/2017)
- Desired State Configuration for SQL Server - Configurations (last update: 2/9/2018)
- Internals of a Desired State Configuration (DSC) Resource (last update: 9/14/2017)
- What does my SQL Server data look like over the wire? (last update: 7/13/2011)
- PowerShell changes for database backups in SQL Server 2012 (last update: 12/16/2011)
- Using PowerShell for SQL Server Database Backups (last update: 9/16/2011)
- Using PowerShell for SQL Server Transaction Log Backups (last update: 9/27/2011)
- Using PowerShell to Pull SQL Server Services Configuration Information (last update: 4/14/2011)
- Backing up SharePoint 2010 with SQL Server (last update: 6/30/2010)
- SharePoint Designer 2010 Limitations (last update: 5/12/2010)
- Why is SQL Server Configuration Manager Missing Services (last update: 9/8/2011)
- SQL Server Management Studio SQLCMD mode option (last update: 6/3/2011)