David Bird has years of IT Experience working as a DBA and programmer on Windows, UNIX, and mainframe. Since 2003, most of his DBA emphasis has been on SQL Server while still working with other database engines. Being a programmer at heart and always aiming to be proactive, David continues to look for new ways to automate DBA tasks and prevent issues.
- Automate Bringing SQL Server Cluster Resources Online After Failover is Unsuccessful (last update: 1/12/2011)
- How to setup SQL Server alerts and email operator notifications (last update: 3/4/2019)
Profiler and Trace
- Scheduling a SQL Server Profiler Trace (last update: 3/25/2009)
Reporting Services Report Builder
- Exporting SSRS Report Definitions from the Web Site (last update: 5/4/2010)
- Grant Truncate Table Permissions in SQL Server without ALTER Table (last update: 1/3/2012)