Thomas LeBlanc (MCSA BI 2008, MCITP 2005/2008 DBA & MCDBA 2000) is a Senior SQL Server DBA for Turner Industries, LLC in Baton Rouge, LA. He has been in the IT field since 1989 starting as a COBOL programmer, graduating to dBase, FoxPro, Visual FoxPro, upgrading to Visual Basic versions 3-6 and even some .Net(C#). Designing and developing normalized database has become his passion. Dimensional Modeling is now his future. Full-time DBA work started in 2001 for Thomas while working at a Paper Mill in St. Francisville, LA continuing with IEM, Amedisys & Turner. DBA work at Amedisys involves 4 other DBAs and a manager supporting 600+ GB databases with replication to a Data Warehouse and DB Mirroring to a disaster recovery site. Performance tuning and reviewing database design and code are an everyday occurrence at Amedisys and Turner. Using the Microsoft BI stack for analytical reporting has sharpened his skills with SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and PerformancePoint. Thomas’ free time is spent helping those less fortunate and improving his relationship with his family and God.
Analysis Services Development
- Using Many-to-Many Relationships in Multidimensional SQL Server Analysis Services (last update: 9/5/2014)
- Updating the Passive Node in a SQL Server 2005 Cluster (last update: 1/19/2009)
- Updating the TCP Port on a SQL Server Cluster Node (last update: 5/9/2013)
Functions - System
- SQL Servers Lag and Lead Functions to Help Identify Date Differences (last update: 1/19/2015)
- High IO Wait on SQL Server Replication Distribution Database (last update: 5/23/2013)