Aveek Das is an experienced Business Intelligence and Data Analytics professional with over four years of expertise in the Microsoft SQL Server BI stack along with Power BI, Qlik and Tableau. He helps clients uncover insights from their own data and recommends actionable items. He has successfully done projects in various sectors, such as retail, insurance, leisure, and RSA.
Aveek likes to work on projects using tools from the Microsoft Data Platform and Azure. He takes on projects that cover the entire life cycle of a business intelligence project: Master Data Management, ETL architecture and development, design and development of the Data Warehouse, development of an OLAP data model (Analysis Services Multidimensional/Tabular), and finally designing the front-end presentation layer in Power BI, Qlik Sense or Tableau. For designing data warehouses, Aveek is well versed in the Kimball methodology, however, he also has a background on Data Vault and Data Lakes. He has worked with different versions of SQL Server, from 2008 to 2016 and Azure SQL Database and DataWarehouse.
In addition to this, Aveek is also working on a personal project, which uses Natural Language from customers to answer questions about their data, thus providing insights using a virtual assistant. This project relies on the Microsoft Bot Framework coupled with Cognitive Services as a utility in addition to the Microsoft BI Stack to interact with customers using various channels, such as Slack, Skype, etc. and deliver information right away.
Over the years, Aveek has developed expertise using the following tools:
- Integration Services (SSIS)
- Analysis Services (SSAS Multidimensional and Tabular); also, well versed in writing MDX and DAX queries.
- Reporting Services (SSRS, DevExpress); can deliver both paginated as well as mobile reports using Datazen.
- Data Visualization (Power BI, Qlik Sense, QlikView, Tableau)
- Data Analytics using R (Forecasting, Sales Trend, Customer Churn, Market Basket)
Data Visualization is one of his keen interests as he believes it is one of the key factors for a successful BI project because visualization becomes the face of the entire BI architecture for the end customers. He has conducted several webinars and presentations and delivered training on Data Visualization tools and techniques.
- Calculate Relative Weeks in Power BI (last update: 3/23/2020)
- Conditional Column in Power BI (last update: 4/2/2020)
- Power BI Calculate Cumulative Total by Week Within Quarter (last update: 3/10/2020)