Aseel AL-Laham is a Business Intelligence Specialist at Jordan Payments & Clearing Company (JOPACC) with over eight years of experience in the Business Intelligence field. She started as a Quality Assurance engineer for BI & Databases, which opened the path to becoming a Business Intelligence Specialist with a QA soul.
She holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer and Software Systems. And she is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: SQL 2016 BI Development.
She has a strong analytical mind with problem-solving abilities. Data excites, inspires & amazes her. Discovering patterns in large volumes of information makes her want to roll up her sleeves and start digging. And she loves to write complex SQL queries; in a nutshell, she will always try to write one Query equivalent to the whole ETL process (if she can).
Her work revolves around the following:
- Designing Dimensional modeling from requirements to support data warehousing informational needs.
- Implemented several DAX functions for various fact calculations for efficient data visualization in Power BI.
- Designed and developed a variety of reports and dashboards using SSRS and Excel/Pivot Chart, and Power BI.
- Perform thorough unit testing on all relevant platforms to ensure proper implementation.
- Creating and optimizing objects in the database, e.g., Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, User-defined Functions, and Triggers as required (Oracle/SQL Server).
- Designing and developing packages for ETL using various ETL tools such as SSIS.
Aseel believes that Dimensional modeling-architecting is the primary biller for a successful Business Intelligence project. As the data landscape becomes more massive and complex and the need to harness data wealth effectively is rising, dimensional modeling will continue to serve as a practical and effective approach to accessing and utilizing data to gain insights. Aseel is an Inmon kind of gal with a few Kimball tricks.
Through Aseelís work experience, she developed expertise using the following tools:
- Analysis Services (SSAS Tabular & Multidimensional); skilled in writing DAX queries.
- Data Visualization (Power BI, Tableau).
- Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Integration Services (SSIS).
When she is not at work, Aseel is an avid walker and beginner hiker and loves spending time gardening
|Power BI||Change Power BI Reports Source from Multidimensional SSAS Cube to Tabular|