How to create a SQL Server backup
By: Greg Robidoux
Creating backups for SQL Server is very easy. There are a few things you need to consider:
How will you create the backups:
- T-SQL commands
- Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Creating maintenance plans and
- Using third party backup tools
What options will you use
- Backup to disk or to tape
- Types of backups; full, differential, log, etc...
The next two topics cover the basics on how to create backups using either T-SQL or SQL Server Management Studio.
Last Update: 3/12/2009