Additional Learning for DAX in SQL Server
By: Haroon Ashraf
Now that you know the basics of using DAX to query a tabular model, please do the following:
Please refer to my pervious tips to understand how tabular model can be created:
- Create Tabular Model Sample from SQL Server Database - Part 1
- Create Tabular Model Sample from SQL Server Database - Part 2
Check out these other tutorials:
From SQL Database sample try the following:
- Create and populate the Supplier table in the sample database and import it into the tabular model and link it to the Product to write slightly more complex DAX queries.
- Try to write the equivalent T-SQL queries for some of the DAX queries mentioned in this tutorial against the SQL database to understand the ease and comfort of DAXing data vs Querying data.
- Try creating some Calculated Columns in your tabular model using your DAXing data knowledge.