Haroon Ashraf's deep interest in logic and reasoning at an early age of his academic career paved his path to become a data professional.
He holds BSc (Gold Medal) and MSc Degrees in Computer Science and also received the OPF merit award.
His programming career began in 2006 working on his first data venture to migrate and rewrite a public sector database driven examination system from IBM AS400 (DB2) to SQL Server 2000 using VB 6.0 and Classic ASP along with developing reports and archiving many years of data.
His work and interest revolves around Business Intelligence and Database Centric Architectures and his expertise include database and reports design, development, testing, implementation and migration.
He has recently earned "Knowledge Management and Big Data in Business" certificate from The Polytechnic University of Hong Kong.
- Create Tabular Model Sample from SQL Server Database - Part 1 (last update: 8/10/2018)
- Creating Tabular Model Sample from a SQL Database Sample - Part 2 (last update: 9/12/2018)
- Azure Data Catalog Register Data Source - Part 2 (last update: 3/6/2019)
- Azure Data Catalog Register Data Source Through Application - Part 3 (last update: 3/25/2019)
- Azure Data Catalog Register Tabular Data Model and Enriching Data Assets - Part 4 (last update: 4/17/2019)
- Azure Data Catalog Tutorial and Overview - Part 1 (last update: 2/15/2019)
- Microsoft Azure Analysis Services Web Development Tools (last update: 12/11/2018)
- Microsoft Azure Analysis Services Web Development Tools - Part 2 (last update: 12/17/2018)
- Automating Sample Database DACPAC and Setup Script Availability for Database Development Testing (last update: 8/13/2019)
- Creating Multiple SQL Server Database Backup Formats in SSDT - Part 1 (last update: 6/13/2019)
- Manage Multiple Database Backup Formats in SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) - Part 2 (last update: 7/30/2019)
- Developing Similar Structured Multi-Customer Databases with SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) (last update: 2/8/2018)
- Adding a Primary Key to a Prepopulated Table using SQL Server Object Explorer in SSDT (last update: 10/30/2018)
- Basics of Gitflow Workflow for SQL Database Projects Part 1 (last update: 11/17/2020)
- Branching in Git with SQL Database Projects (last update: 9/29/2020)
- Gitflow Workflow Feature Branching for SQL Database Projects (last update: 12/30/2020)
- SQL Database Project with Git Feature Branch Workflow (last update: 10/30/2020)
- SQL Database Project with SQL Server Data Tools and GIT (last update: 10/19/2020)
- Adding Reference Data in Database Continuous Integration (CI) Pipeline (last update: 4/3/2018)
- Basic Database Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) (last update: 2/22/2018)
- Branching with Gitflow Workflow for SQL Database Projects (last update: 12/8/2020)
- Git Stash SQL Server Database Code Changes using Visual Studio 2019 (last update: 12/18/2019)
- Gitflow Workflow Hotfix Branching for SQL Database Projects (last update: 1/18/2021)
- SQL Database Project Code Branching in Git (last update: 10/31/2019)
- SQL Server Reference Data Best Practices - Part 1 (last update: 5/23/2018)
- SQL Server Reference Data Best Practices - Part 2 (last update: 7/27/2018)
- Adding a Primary Key to a Prepopulated Table using a SQL Server Integration Services Package (last update: 11/19/2018)
- Create Custom SSIS Execution Log - Part 1 (last update: 4/27/2020)
- Create Custom SSIS Execution Log - Part 2 (last update: 4/27/2020)
- Error Handling in SSIS Data Flow Task - Part 1 (last update: 6/19/2020)
- Troubleshooting and Debugging SSIS Error Output - Part 2 (last update: 7/7/2020)
- Free Database Unit-Testing for SQL Server Data Tools (last update: 12/15/2017)
- Free Database Unit-Testing Framework for SQL Server (last update: 11/14/2017)
- Test Driven Development with Modern Database Tools using tSQLt (last update: 1/12/2018)