Haroon Ashraf's deep interest in logic and reasoning at an early age of his academic career paved his path to become a data professional.
He holds BSc and MSc Degrees in Computer Science and also received the OPF merit award.
He began his professional life as a computer programmer more than 10 years ago working on his first data venture to migrate and rewrite a public sector database driven examination system from IBM AS400 (DB2) to SQL Server 2000 using VB 6.0 and Classic ASP along with developing reports and archiving many years of data.
His work and interest revolves around Database-Centric Architectures and his expertise include database and reports design, development, testing, implementation and migration along with Database Life Cycle Management (DLM).
- Create Tabular Model Sample from SQL Server Database - Part 1 (last update: 8/10/2018)
- Creating Tabular Model Sample from a SQL Database Sample - Part 2 (last update: 9/12/2018)
- Azure Data Catalog Register Data Source - Part 2 (last update: 3/6/2019)
- Azure Data Catalog Register Data Source Through Application - Part 3 (last update: 3/25/2019)
- Azure Data Catalog Register Tabular Data Model and Enriching Data Assets - Part 4 (last update: 4/17/2019)
- Azure Data Catalog Tutorial and Overview - Part 1 (last update: 2/15/2019)
- Microsoft Azure Analysis Services Web Development Tools (last update: 12/11/2018)
- Microsoft Azure Analysis Services Web Development Tools - Part 2 (last update: 12/17/2018)
- Automating Sample Database DACPAC and Setup Script Availability for Database Development Testing (last update: 8/13/2019)
- Creating Multiple SQL Server Database Backup Formats in SSDT - Part 1 (last update: 6/13/2019)
- Manage Multiple Database Backup Formats in SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) - Part 2 (last update: 7/30/2019)
- Developing Similar Structured Multi-Customer Databases with SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) (last update: 2/8/2018)
- Adding a Primary Key to a Prepopulated Table using SQL Server Object Explorer in SSDT (last update: 10/30/2018)
- Git Stash SQL Server Database Code Changes using Visual Studio 2019 (last update: 12/18/2019)
- SQL Database Project Code Branching in Git (last update: 10/31/2019)
- Adding Reference Data in Database Continuous Integration (CI) Pipeline (last update: 4/3/2018)
- Basic Database Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) (last update: 2/22/2018)
- SQL Server Reference Data Best Practices - Part 1 (last update: 5/23/2018)
- SQL Server Reference Data Best Practices - Part 2 (last update: 7/27/2018)
- Adding a Primary Key to a Prepopulated Table using a SQL Server Integration Services Package (last update: 11/19/2018)
- Free Database Unit-Testing for SQL Server Data Tools (last update: 12/15/2017)
- Free Database Unit-Testing Framework for SQL Server (last update: 11/14/2017)
- Test Driven Development with Modern Database Tools using tSQLt (last update: 1/12/2018)