John Martin is a Data Platform Engineer working in the financial sector as well as Director-at-Large for the PASS organisation and currently a Microsoft Data Platform MVP. Previously John has worked as a product manager for SentryOne and a Premier Field Engineer with Microsoft UK.
Having over a decade of experience working with SQL Server and the Microsoft Data Platform. Working as a DBA, Developer and Consultant for Microsoft, John has been lucky enough to see how best, and how not, to use SQL Server and the Data Platform effectively.
- Collecting Data with Elastic Database Jobs in SQL Azure (last update: 10/2/2018)
- Index Maintenance in Azure SQL Database with Ola Hallengren's Scripts and Elastic Database Jobs (last update: 9/20/2018)
- Introduction to Azure Elastic Database Jobs (last update: 9/5/2018)
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database Managed Instances (last update: 3/29/2018)
- Migrating SQL Server Databases to Azure Managed Instances with Native Backups (last update: 4/19/2018)
- Install DBATools with Azure VM Custom Script Extension - Azure Blob Storage (last update: 1/25/2019)
- Install DBATools with Azure VM Custom Script Extension - Github (last update: 1/8/2019)
- Install DBATools with Azure VM Custom Script Extension – Azure Portal (last update: 12/18/2018)
- How does GDPR impact your SQL Server Recovery Plans (last update: 3/13/2018)
- Using Group Managed Service Accounts with SQL Server (last update: 2/23/2018)
- Using Managed Service Accounts with SQL Server (last update: 2/13/2018)