On June 5, 2006 MSSQLTips.com started with just one tip in an effort to offer solutions to real world SQL Server problems. Ten years later, as we look back, we never expected MSSQLTips.com to grow into a global community of millions of SQL Server Professionals getting their problems solved every second of the day. We sincerely appreciate all of the support and encouragement we have received over the last ten years from our authors, sponsors and each of our community members. THANK YOU.
We would like to celebrate our 10th Anniversary with the entire MSSQLTips.com community, but since we are spread out across the globe we know that's not possible. So in order to make this a global celebration and to honor our 10 years we will donate $10,000 to charities around the world during this yearlong celebration. So here is what we will do:
- Charities - On the first of each month, we will announce a charity we will sponsor for the month. We will select charities that support various needs around the world; some with a local focus and others with worldwide impact.
- How can I help? - First, promote the selected charity by tweeting, re-tweeting, sharing, etc. on your favorite social media platform. Help us tie this effort together by using the hash tag #MSSQLTips4Change on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, etc. Each month we would like to have at least 1000 mentions of the hashtag, but as a community we know we can do much better. So please get active on social media, spread the word and let’s make this a reality! Second, to further this effort please consider personally donating to the monthly charity and encourage members of your personal network to contribute as well. Every dollar helps and can make a difference!
- June 2016 - Soles4Souls - Wearing Out Poverty
- July 2016 - Doctors without Borders
- August 2016 - Starship Foundation of New Zealand
- September 2016 - Unicef
- October 2016 - Humanitarian Toolbox
- November 2016 - St. Baldrick’s Foundation - Conquer Childhood Cancers
- December 2016 - Maryland Food Bank
- January 2017 - New Hampshire Food Bank
- February 2017 - CRY America
- March 2017 - RNIB - Supporting People With Sight Loss
- April 2017 - The Cisco Center
- May 2017 - Plan
As the year progresses we will be posting updates, so please check back often.
Thank you again to everyone from the global community for helping shape the MSSQLTips.com community.
The MSSQLTips.com Team
Last Update: 2016-06-05
About the author
View all my tips