“Connecting to the Integration Services service on the computer “…” failed with the following error: "Access is denied". By default only administrators have access to the Integration Services service. On Windows Vista and later the process must be running with administrative privileges in order to connect to the Integration Services service.”
As the error message states, the user that is running the job step does not have administration privileges to connect to the Integration Services service even in this case we are using the SQL Server Agent service account.
Follow the next steps to provide the necessary privileges to the account that is running the job step:
- Open the Component Services (from the Windows Start menu type “dcomcnfg”)
- Drill down to Console Root \ Component Services \ Computers \ My Computer \ DCOM CONFIG as shown in the next figure
- Locate the entry for the Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services version that you are working with and right-click on it and click on the Properties option. The respective Properties window will pop-up and choose the Security tab
- Edit the Launch and Activation Permissions option and add the user that is running the Job step allowing the Local Launch and Local Activation privileges:
- Edit the Access Permissions option and add the user that is running the Job step allowing the Local Access privilege:
- Restart the respective SQL Server Integration Services service
Note For DTSX Packages in the File System
If you are running the dtsx package from the file system and you receive the following error after executing the previous steps, then you will need to give read permissions to the folder for the same user that is running the job step.
Last Update: 2017-09-12
About the author
View all my tips