By: Jugal Shah | Last Updated: 2011-05-23 | Comments (4) | Central Management Servers
I have SQL Server Central Management Servers setup in my environment. How can I get a list of the registered servers and their associated properties? Are there any queries I can issue? Check out this tip to learn more.
Sometimes we came across a situation where we need to query the SQL Server Central Management Servers to get the list of the registered servers and groups. You can query the two MSDB system tables below to get a list of the registered servers and their groups.
We can use these system tables for the following:
- Find out the list of registered servers and their groups
- Find out servers which are registered twice in different folders
- Compare the query result to check out the servers registered in an incorrect group or decommissioned servers
Query to list server groups and types
USE msdb; GO /* Query to list out Server Groups and Types */ SELECT * FROM msdb.dbo.sysmanagement_shared_server_groups_internal; GO
Query to list the registered servers
USE msdb ; GO /* Query to list out the registered servers */ SELECT * FROM msdb.dbo.sysmanagement_shared_registered_servers_internal; GO
Query to list the server and groups
/* Servers and groups */ SELECT DISTINCT groups.name AS 'Server Group Name' ,svr.server_name AS 'Server Name' FROM msdb.dbo.sysmanagement_shared_server_groups_internal groups INNER JOIN msdb.dbo.sysmanagement_shared_registered_servers_internal svr ON groups.server_group_id = svr.server_group_id; GO
- As you implement and manage more SQL Server Central Management Servers, consider using the queries from this tip.
- Check out the system tables referenced in this tip and see what other valuable nuggets of information you can discern.
- Check out more tips on Central Management Server on MSSQLTips.com
Last Updated: 2011-05-23
About the author
View all my tips