Alejandro Cobar is a SQL Server Database Administrator from Guatemala City. I am currently responsible for Production, QA and Development SQL Server Environments to make sure they are constantly performing as expected.
Alejandro has been a Microsoft Certified Professional since 2017, by passing the 70-462 exam. Before 2018 is over, Iím planning to achieve the MCSA in 2016 SQL Database Administration.
I focus on the following aspects of SQL Server:
- Guide the customer with the best alternatives and practices when new SQL Server deployments are required.
- Install and configure all supported versions of SQL Server and components.
- Install, configure and maintain High Availability/DR solutions.
- Plan, test, and deploy service pack installations and version upgrades.
- Design, implement, and support backup and recovery plans including scripting and scheduling.
- Migration of databases, database objects, and users.
- Databases refresh on Dev/Test/QA environments.
- Participate in DR drills exercises.
- Provide expert diagnostic analysis and resolution for all database operational problems that arise.
- Performance tuning and query optimization for large production environments.
- SQL Server DBA workbook creation and maintenance, including up to date procedures and how-to.
- Deployment of custom crafted scripts to monitor specific areas of the environment under my support (backups, mirroring status, always on availability groups status, disk drives usage, resources utilization by the SQL Server process).
Hobbies: Nintendo, PS4.
- SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups Inventory and Monitoring Scripts - Part 1 (last update: 11/15/2018)
- SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups Monitoring and Alerting - Part 2 (last update: 12/3/2018)
- Auto Generate NetBackup script to backup SQL Server databases (last update: 12/12/2018)
- Script to obtain most recent SQL Server backup information for all databases (last update: 10/22/2018)
- Find SQL Server Installation Date for all Instances with PowerShell (last update: 9/25/2019)
- How to Check Monthly Growth of Database in SQL Server (last update: 9/5/2019)
- Powershell Script to Collect SQL Server Inventory (last update: 4/1/2019)
- Simple DBCC CHECKDB process to report on database corruption for all SQL Server databases (last update: 2/6/2020)
- SQL Server Database Mirroring Inventory and Monitoring Scripts (last update: 10/8/2018)
- SQL Server Database Mirroring Missing Logins Report (last update: 3/15/2019)
- SQL Server Database Mirroring Status Check and Manual Failover PowerShell Scripts (last update: 2/6/2019)
- SQL Server Database Mirroring Status Check and Manual Failover T-SQL Scripts (last update: 1/17/2019)
- Synchronize SQL Server Agent Jobs for Database Mirroring (last update: 4/19/2019)
- Collect SQL Server Index Usage Information for all Instances with PowerShell (last update: 6/10/2019)
- Configuring Extended Events to find Locking Issues in SQL Server (last update: 10/31/2018)
- Monitor CPU and Memory usage for all SQL Server instances using PowerShell (last update: 1/7/2019)
- SQL Server Configuration Settings Query (last update: 7/10/2019)
- SQL Server Disk Space Monitoring for all Instances with PowerShell Script (last update: 3/1/2019)
- Inventory SQL Server Agent Jobs for all Instances with PowerShell (last update: 10/4/2019)
- Find SQL Server MSDB Database Size and Largest Table Across SQL Server Instances (last update: 5/7/2019)