Eric has been a SQL Server DBA and Architect in the legal, software, transportation, and insurance industries for over 10 years. Currently he is the Sr Data Architect for Squire Patton Boggs, a leading provider of legal services with 47 offices in 20 countries.
Eric is a 2018-2019 Idera Ace and has co-authored 2 Idera Whitepapers.
He has been a presenter at PASS Summit, IT/DevConnections, SQLSaturdays, the in.sight transportation conference, and the Ohio North SQL Server User's Group.
- Script to Run DBCC CheckDB on Alternate SQL Server to Reduce Load on Primary Server (last update: 1/21/2019)
- Sending mail messages from SQL Server (last update: 4/6/2020)
- Using Window Functions to Create Smart, Quick Queries (last update: 2/16/2021)
- SQL Server Index Basics (last update: 5/14/2020)
- What is the Best Value for Fill Factor in SQL Server (last update: 2/15/2019)
- Understanding SQL Server Linked Servers (last update: 6/28/2019)
- Choose Between SQL Server Subquery T-SQL Code (last update: 10/30/2020)
- SQL Server Performance Tuning with Query Plans and New Indexes (last update: 10/20/2020)
- SQL Server Query Tuning with Statistics Time and Statistics IO (last update: 9/30/2020)
- SQL Server SET STATISTICS IO ON Deep Dive (last update: 1/26/2021)
- SSRS ReportServer Database Overview and Queries (last update: 4/9/2019)
- Query SQL Server Agent Jobs, Job Steps, History and Schedule System Tables (last update: 7/22/2019)
- Restore SQL Server Master Database Options (last update: 11/18/2019)
- SQL Server Backup and Restore History Queries (last update: 5/10/2019)
- SQL Server Model Database Tutorial (last update: 6/17/2020)
- SQL Server TempDB Tutorial (last update: 7/17/2020)
- Improve SQL Server Query Performance with Searchable Arguments (last update: 3/24/2021)
- SQL EXISTS vs IN vs JOIN Performance Comparison (last update: 12/14/2020)
- How do SQL Server Triggers Work for Insert, Update, Delete and Truncate (last update: 3/1/2019)
- SQL Server Trigger Columns Updated Function (last update: 3/22/2019)